Pain and Suffering



Jalapeño and Cheddar kettle-cooked potato chips are very tasty, and once in a while I'll throw caution to the wind and buy a bag; yesterday I discovered a new reason to cut them out of my diet.
The Jalapeño seasoning seems to make me sneeze, and when you sneeze with traces of Jalapeño seasoning in your mouth it burns like Kuwait.
Popcorn is a much safer snack.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in my post-conference 'blog, but the recordings I made of the plenary sessions at the IS conference went missing. The spindle of CDRs was on a table in the Gym with some of our in-house gear when I left with the rental equipment and gone when I got back. Nobody knew what happened. Finally, the administrative powers sent out a campus-wide email asking for the return of the CDs (no questions asked.)
It turns out that "someone" saw the speaker's name on the CDs and politely "returned them" to him.
All's well that ends well, and my recordings (which need to be cleaned up and duplicated for the students writing their essays on the conference) are (hopefully) on the way back from their little trip to Grand Rapids.
Here's a tree, I don't know why.

No comments: