A Most Hallowed Eve

The University of Alberta's Library is an interesting place.
I get stuff done here: I'll actually read the books I find on the shelf instead of the daily newspapers. There's a real sense of accomplishment when you dive into the PR section on the 4th floor and come out the other side with an armload of books.

The sense of accomplishment quickly dwindles to a sense of despair when none of these books have anything to do with what you're looking for information on, in spite of their useful-sounding names. (You'd think an article with "Milton" in the title would actually talk about something related to the man or his writing...)
Now I'm sitting here trying to get the electronic resources system to let me read a book, and it will only show me the first page of every section. What a waste of time.
To make things worse, I can't even access youtube or Google videos from this terminal, so there's no video this week.

*sigh*

In all things give thanks--thank you Lord that EBSCO has full-text PDF versions of so many articles. Thank you Father for JSTOR also.

No comments: