Batteries, Bikes, B

The batteries in my camera are dead.
This means that I can't take pictures with it.
This also means that exciting thing (of which I would normally take pictures) are happening all the time. For example, on Wednesday I cleaned and shined and polished and detailed my motorcycle; this is when I discovered that the batteries were dead. I thought to myself "self, you should really go and find batteries right now, or else you won't be able to take a picture of your motorcycle until it's dirty again."
"But it'll stay clean for at least one day" I replied.
Thursday evening, I rode home in the rain. My motorcycle is covered in tiny spots of mud.

Today, I drove my friend Rus down to Top Gear on Whyte Ave so he could pick up his new tricycle-thing. I would have taken pictures, but I didn't have batteries in my camera.
(Here's what it looks like with a hip-any-trendy female motorcycle journalist on the back instead of a nervous-and-excited Rus Hathaway.)

(I think it looks like an angry flying insect, like a wasp or a hornet. An angry silver hornet. With three wheels and a person on the back.)


As I was saying, we have a very serious problem here.
I need to invent a new kind of camera, a better kind of camera, a more friendly kind of camera: a camera that doesn't need batteries.

Necessity is the mother of invention; so now that I've found her I just need to find the father of invention and convince the two of them to start a family.
This is going to be a long summer.
(Wait... Sunday is July 1st! Where did my summer go??? *Waugh!*)

No comments: