Cataclysmic

I'm home for the week, thanks to the aptly-named "reading week" vacation.
I suppose I should say that the name is only partly apt, since I'm not actually using it for reading thus far.
I've spent more time watching the proceedings of the NWT Provincial Legislature and discussing contemporary Canadian politics/society/etc. with my Dad than I have reading Tom Jones.
*Waugh!*
On the one hand, it's great to be able to just sit and talk without either of us needing to rush off somewhere; on the other hand, I do need to read all 632 pages of the novel, plus a bunch more for my Philosophy classes, plus all of the research for my 18th C. satire paper.
Then again, I can count most of my conversations with my Dad (especially CBC-related) as research into contemporary satire... that has to count for something...

No comments: